side intake scoops by Slater_334
Started on: 11-03-2003 03:19 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: litespd on 11-03-2003 09:28 PM
Slater_334

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
are these worth anything?

i have an 85 duke and want to know if these are of any use. performance wise?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
They are more cosmetic than performance enhancing. If you buy it from the Fiero store at least you won't be spending an arm and a leg to get it like on Ebay, where they normally sell the Holley ones for $50 + .
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
What if you went with the CRX intake and had the K&N filter in that area infront of the wheel well, would that scoop thing help get any more air flow in there that just the grill on the side of the car?
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
No. The scoop doesn't stick out far enough into the airflow on the side of the car to do any good. Even if it did, you'd have to drive at a high rate of speed to get any kind of "ram air" effect. Adding a cold air intake really doesn't make any difference, as you can only get so much air into the engine with the restricted intake passages. A lot of people here feel that the stock intake system is stifled by the water separator behind the side grill...but someone here on the forum proved that wasn't correct. Can't remember who did it now, but I remember reading the thread on it. The only way to overcome it is to either turbocharge or supercharge the engine. That scoop, and most of the others, are mainly for looks...or to get more cooling air into the engine compartment.

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 11-03-2003).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock