Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Hmph. My car wiggles as well. What is it?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Hmph. My car wiggles as well. What is it? by mckay_lee
Started on: 10-27-2003 02:16 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: mckay_lee on 10-28-2003 09:18 PM
mckay_lee

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2003 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckay_leeSend a Private Message to mckay_leeDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the cradle bushings figuring that it would cure my cars wandering. At first it did seem to, but the new lack of 'give' in the cradle finished off something that was obviously in the process of breaking on the rear passengers side of my car. I hear a clunk if I accellerate at all fast.

I'm pretty sure that it's the front engine mount, because my poly dogbone is now cracked.

I've replaced the shocks/struts, tires, cradle bushings, and the car does still wander though. Is it the mount or something else possibly? How big of a difference does the steering stabilizer make?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2003 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Shìt. Wrong account. I am the one that should have made the above post. Mackey is chillin on the couch now.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2003 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Could be any number of things, remember how old this car is, rubber dries and shrinks after a long period of time (suspension bushings). Also, whens the last time wheels bearing were replaced and/or re-torqued?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2003 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, my guess would be:
the Dogbone, rear ball joints, or rear a-arm bushings.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2003 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Does it go "clunk" and then you swerve a little, or does it just go "clunk"?
motor mount?
can you get the car up on a lift, and then try to accel? see if you hear that clunk while it's up...

------------------

mckay_lee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2003 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckay_leeSend a Private Message to mckay_leeDirect Link to This Post
Well sootah posted this topic in my name on accident the other day. We were thinking the same thing tomorow we are going to put it on ramps and try and see if its a motor mount. thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock