Headlights go up but will not go down by FieroGT86
Started on: 10-24-2003 03:20 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: FieroGT86 on 10-24-2003 05:36 PM
FieroGT86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT86Send a Private Message to FieroGT86Direct Link to This Post
As the subject states, my headlights will go up but will not go down. I replaced the motor with a good one I had lying around and the problem was the same. They snap up nice and strong but will not go down unless I manually turn the knob. Any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanDirect Link to This Post
sounds like the relay is bad.their right to the left of the motor.easy to change.and i believe to can still get them at many auto part stores
shane

------------------
send 84 database info to
mankins@earthlink.net

"I do not fear death,
only how it happens"

fierohutch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchDirect Link to This Post
i believe the blue/Blue-white (one for each side) wires is the one that makes the headlights go down. it has a separate connection (though maybe i remember reading it was a ground). check that too. as the connection there could be bad or even undone!

------------------

Proud Owner of a Black 86 2M6!
AIM: Hutchmyster85

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2003 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
check fuse (denoted tail).Mine was blown, and when I replaced it the headlights went down ok.It is situated in the fuse block(20 amps)on the top row 3rd from left.
fierofetish
FieroGT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT86Send a Private Message to FieroGT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

check fuse (denoted tail).Mine was blown, and when I replaced it the headlights went down ok.It is situated in the fuse block(20 amps)on the top row 3rd from left.
fierofetish

Thx, problem solved.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock