How many completed 3.4DOHC swaps? by 85GTGUY
Started on: 10-24-2003 11:29 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Erik on 10-24-2003 11:55 PM
85GTGUY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTGUYSend a Private Message to 85GTGUYDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering how many of you guys have totally finished the DOHC swap, and have all the bugs and gremlins worked out.
I've been reading a lot of older posts, and see lots of ongoing issues after the swap is in and running, and was curious who has a complete and perfectly running car.
Thanks. I can't wait till I can get started on mine!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I've been through it. No on-going issues other than the normal stuff of a 16 year old car.

What does perfect mean?

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 10-24-2003).]

neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost finished with mine, I don't see any reason for electrical gremlins I've read about and don't see why ALL of the bugs can't be worked out. Good luck.

------------------
Alan Frazier
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC under construction
'84 2m4 daily driver
'88 Silver coupe, auto For Sale

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
I've got one. Done several now. In fact, am considering doing another one after I'm finished with the Turbo 3.4L (now 3.55L) TDC install.

I was contacted from a guy just a bit north of me that is starting one as well. I know of another guy down south and Chris West has (or had) one.

Best,

DKOV -

RocksFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RocksFieroClick Here to visit RocksFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RocksFieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I'll ever really finish mine. I can't stop modifiying it!!!

... anyway, it runs great (when I'm not taking it apart) and it only took me about 2 years worth of lunch hours to do all suspension, brakes, and engine conversion.

I'm now currently tuning in my new Accel DFI ECU, to get the most out of the DOHC.

Rock www.rocksfiero.com
(last year pictures)

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello we have completed 2 swaps one a93 5spd, a 965spd and were almost finished with a95auto. Seems we try out different mounts and locations for the ecm but its worth the effort, these set-ups really do scream. Ilike it better than the V8 swap we have. Have fun norm.
85GTGUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTGUYSend a Private Message to 85GTGUYDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. I'm glad to hear that. By perfect, I just mean everything is working, sensors, not throwing codes, etc.
DKOV: I think that was probably ne that contacted you. I just sent you an email this morning.
Well, hearing all you guys gives me more confidence.
What is the average time it takes to complete the swap? I mean, I know it will vary, but say a guy just sat down and did it, how long do you think it ought to take? If I decide to just go ahead and start on it now, am I going to be at it till next fall working weekends, or culd it be done in a few months?
Thanks guys, I'm really getting excited now!
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
If it's throwing codes, it wasn't done right.

It's pretty easy to get one in correctly. Plenty of people here can get you through various parts of the project. It's not bad all.

mike kaas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike kaasSend a Private Message to mike kaasDirect Link to This Post
my 3.4 dohc swap took me about a month.i am one of the few people that have used a automatic tranny and might be the only person using the obdII pcm and i have not had any major issues or drivability problems.
i would say, ask questions,do your homework and make a plan of attack (check list) before you start the project.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Mine is done. Works great. There were a few bugs to work out after install due to wiring issues but nothing major.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock