sticking headlights in cold weather by billybob403
Started on: 10-24-2003 03:23 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: billybob403 on 10-25-2003 01:08 AM
billybob403

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billybob403Click Here to Email billybob403Send a Private Message to billybob403Direct Link to This Post
I have seen alot of people say that the headlight doors stick in cold weather, and am beginning to experience this.

Is the a proper means of lubricating so I can continue to drive my 84 until it begins to snow?

I plan to store it with my other toys for the winter here in MI.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
a.k.a

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a.k.aClick Here to Email a.k.aSend a Private Message to a.k.aDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by billybob403:

I have seen alot of people say that the headlight doors stick in cold weather, and am beginning to experience this.

Is the a proper means of lubricating so I can continue to drive my 84 until it begins to snow?

I plan to store it with my other toys for the winter here in MI.

dude, I live in ottawa and have the same (if not worse) winters than thou....my solution to save my motors is to put the headlamps up FOR THE ENTIRE WINTER...why? 'cuz imo, if they are gonna break, they should break up

hope this helps!
a.k.a

------------------
My Vehicle ;D

Firefighter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Firefighter1Click Here to Email Firefighter1Send a Private Message to Firefighter1Direct Link to This Post
The only break you can give the headlight motors is to OPEN the front lid fully, then active the headlights so they have no resistance moving upward against the headlight door springs. Try to open one of the headlight doors by hand. It's a miracle that the headlights worked the day the cars were made, let alone 15 to 18 years later. Ed

------------------

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Click Here to Email Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
How can you keep the motors up with the lights off? I may want to do this while my car is parked outside at school this winter.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageClick Here to Email Racingman24Send a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

How can you keep the motors up with the lights off? I may want to do this while my car is parked outside at school this winter.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

It's really easy, just put the hood up, and up front by the headlight units, you will see two round knobs, one for each headlight, just turn and turn and turn until they are up, then unplug the motor.

Eric

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

It's really easy, just put the hood up, and up front by the headlight units, you will see two round knobs, one for each headlight, just turn and turn and turn until they are up, then unplug the motor.

Eric

Or...if your headlights work...you can turn them on to raise them...THEN unplug the motors..

billybob403

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2003 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billybob403Click Here to Email billybob403Send a Private Message to billybob403Direct Link to This Post
I am thinking I would like to fabricate/install the driving lights like as in http://www.fierosound.com/moreMODS.htm#Park/Driving/Signal%20Lights

it is a dual bulb setup that replaces your turn signal bulbs with a dual light 1, turn signal, the other a driving light, all in one housing.

In this case, could possibly drive w/o headlamps up during the winter.

Has anyone done this mod recently and have another or other sources for the lights her in the states?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock