Mr shift kit ( Is it worht it) by Morkidan
Started on: 10-23-2003 04:04 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Spyhunter on 10-24-2003 03:11 AM
Morkidan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used the Mr. Shift kit for an automatic from the fiero store and is it worthit?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ben3843100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ben3843100Click Here to visit ben3843100's HomePageSend a Private Message to ben3843100Direct Link to This Post
I've installed this shift kit in my old transmission (pre-3800 series II) and really liked it. It really firms up the shifts and stiffens the shift points. It's not exactly a bang into every gear race kit, but is worth it for the street. If you're installing it yourself, it helps to have a factory service manual with the exploded valve body parts view to make sure everything goes back together the way it came apart. I had a problem with the governer springs that were included with the kit, but I think it was more my problem than the kit. My transmission kept wanting to shift at 4500 rpm,so I changed back to the original springs and it was fine. I believe you can also order a set of governer springs (multiple stiffness pairs) from either Jegs or Summit that will give you more adjustability.

------------------
Ben3843100@hotmail.com
88 GT 3800 Series II Auto
86 SC Iron Duke 5 Speed

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2003 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Get the Trans Go kit. It's much better and 1/2 the price.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2003 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
I have a shift kit. I like. Its about as good as you're gonna get with an auto in there I ain't messin with any auto-->manual craziness!

But man, a manual sure would rock

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock