Front end upgrade by -=shame=-
Started on: 10-20-2003 11:27 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: -=shame=- on 10-21-2003 09:17 PM
-=shame=-

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for -=shame=-Send a Private Message to -=shame=-Direct Link to This Post
I've decided that my first project this winter will be to upgrade my front end. I bought a rust bucket 350 Chevy so I have something to drive while I work on my Fiero.
So I was thinking of doing the Zettner brake upgrade, plus the poly bushings. I guess what I need to know is; Are the bushings in the poly kit from the Fiero Store labeled? Or are they so obvious its not funny? Anything I should keep an eye out for?

Zettner's instructions are very thorough. But what should I expect to pay for it? (calipers rotors w/o core) I do work in a machine shop so that I can do most of the rest myself. Only problem there is my boss giving me grief. "How fast do you need to stop?"
Of course I was looking at the brakes on a 4cyl eclpise and the rotors are bigger on it even.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
it should be obvious,for the most part

HOWEVER........ there are cheeper sources than the fiero store

------------------
Rich AIM one fast 2m8
WTB: 3.32 OR 3.65 4 speed tranny
'92 325i-- X-brace, eibach pro-kit, bilstein sport, S.T. brace, borla cat back,
'86 Fiero 2M8 ,350 bored .030 over,World Products s/r Torquers-ported, Manley valves, Weiand X-CELerator, edelbrock 750cfm.carb hypereutectic pistons, 1.5 rollers,lumpy cam, sanderson cc90's,2-1/4" exhaust4:10 tranny, Spec stage 3copper puck clutch, adj.Koni's, Eibach's,polly, tons more...
'86 Fiero 2m6, 2 inch drop, KYB's, coil overs, ocelot exhaust, No cat.

-=shame=-

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for -=shame=-Send a Private Message to -=shame=-Direct Link to This Post
Ok, I've changed my mind on Zettners brake upgrade. It looks like a whole lot of work, for what upgrading the exsisting could accomplish. Besides, people already tailgate me to death because they can easily see past me. I presume that I'm not the only one that finds themselves with an Escalade (or other SUV) extremely close in rush hour traffic.
However, it looks as though I'll need to buy everything (crossdrilled rotors/ poly kit) from the Fiero Store. Raybestos makes a cross drilled rotor but I can't find anyone that sells that particular product (pepboys/ auto zone/ advance auto/ napa). Plus, the Fiero Store doesn't say who makes their rotors.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock