Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Anyone have any thoughts on those Spiral max things?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone have any thoughts on those Spiral max things? by Morkidan
Started on: 10-20-2003 09:04 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: silver86se on 10-20-2003 11:36 PM
Morkidan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever used this and is it worth it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
What is spiral max?
Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Its a circle that spirals the air like a tornado, to get better combustion, it goes in the tube after the filter
Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post

Morkidan

386 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Its a circle that spirals the air like a tornado, to get better combustion, it goes in the tube after the filter
Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post

Morkidan

386 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Most think that they are a waste of money. But if you want to test one out, go for it. Just have some before test data and after test data and report on the improvements or lack of improvements.

And I have a 200 mpg carburator for you also.

FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

And I have a 200 mpg carburator for you also.

I always used to hear about that. I wondered where it went.

88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
snake oil, no matter how many times you post what it does
Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering ( I dont know why it posted so many time my comp messed up)
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
"buy a new pair of sneakers.." instead.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Do a search, 1FST2M6 dyno'd a car with one. It lost horsepower and torque.
The infomercial is a fraud. The dyno test they do is at 2 different RPM's. The "before" is at a lower RPM and the "after" is at the peak hp/rpm.
PFF
System Bot
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
hi those things do not work..think about it the air commes in at xxxcfm's per minutes then it slams into airfilter and all that convoluted twists in the housing, then slam into spiral thingy, which is supposed to make it twist, in to throttle valve , then past restriction in plenum neck, then into flattened area, then it gets split into six different passages, then into restrictive space right at fuel injector, then into valve areas then sucked into piston and detonation and out she goes. there is no way that it can possibly keep that spiral going on all those rough surfaces going down.. thats why poeple port and polish.. i do not think they wok save your money and port polish your exhuast manifolds or other easy proven mods.......good luck

ps forgive my somewhat nontech description of air flow .. i am not engineer...

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE, 67k original miles, V6, Auto, AC, PB, PDrlks,Pwr windows, Sunroof, Silver body and black aero/gt trim, Factory Aero nose,Factory Wing and Alloy Wheels, 205-14-70, Optional Factory Guages. Mostly original stock. Remember those who serve our Country! currently under going minor repair/over winter project.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock