Rocker arm cover 2.5 by Roylmohr
Started on: 10-20-2003 07:53 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Roylmohr on 10-25-2003 10:50 PM
Roylmohr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
Will a Super Duty rocker cover fit a stock 2.5. I am just wondering. If so where can I find a super duty cover?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the late guys!
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Click Here to Email Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I believe it will. As to where to find one. Cant help ya on that.

------------------
Fierokid's baby:
R.I.P.V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero
sport coupe

White 1988 Fiero Formula
AIM: Fierokid87
Rate Me Please

2.9L V-6: 2030 Compucam, Darrel Morse Fuel Pressure Regulator, 9.5:1 comp, zeroed out balanced crank, connecting rods matched, MSD 6A ignition box and Blaster GM style coil, Darrel Morse Bored out TB and intake, 19# Mustang Injectors, Removed TB coolant lines, Darrel Morse Dogbone strut, and more to come

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Click Here to Email Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guyClick Here to Email Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

I just found it

go to this link:
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwrenchjsp/perfparts/partlist.jsp?cat=9440žion=ep

If you read it closely, it says for any Super Duty engine . . . .

The_Stickman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_StickmanClick Here to visit The_Stickman's HomePageClick Here to Email The_StickmanSend a Private Message to The_StickmanDirect Link to This Post
It will fit a stock Duke. You will need to drill a hole for the PVC and either relocate the temp sensor on top of the head or do with out.

------------------
The Stickman

http://members.tripod.com/~TheStickman/SnTsFieros.html

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraClick Here to Email The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
Very nice looking valve cover... so much better than the stock unit or even the holley unit that was available for a while way back when.
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertDirect Link to This Post
Yes it will fit on a stock duke. I put one on my '87 about a month ago and it looks great! You have to drill a hole for the PCV valve, relocate the temp sensor and the EGR valve, replace one head bolt with a non-stud version, move the ground wires from the head bolt to a trans attach bolt, and on my car I had to trim the throttle pulley mouting plate a little. Also one of the cover mounting bolts was a little too long so I had to trim it as well. It fit under the stock notchback decklid and even clears the lifting spring arms. I got mine from Summit and they got it from GM Performance Parts who got it from Edelbrock (three labels on the box in that order).
befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerClick Here to Email befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Would this intake manifold fit?

Works with a 4bbl carb, it is for a SD 4.

Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for all the replies. Hey how much is it they don't list a price.

[This message has been edited by Roylmohr (edited 10-21-2003).]

T-top Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top FieroClick Here to Email T-top FieroSend a Private Message to T-top FieroDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics of the SD valve cover on my 84.

Pat

PFF
System Bot
The_Stickman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2003 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_StickmanClick Here to visit The_Stickman's HomePageClick Here to Email The_StickmanSend a Private Message to The_StickmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by befarrer:

Would this intake manifold fit?

Works with a 4bbl carb, it is for a SD 4.

Yes and no. It will bolt up no problem and you would have to use the SD-4 intake gasket. Problem is it is a hair away from the trunk wall. There s no room for movement. If you want to use it you would have to modify the trunk wall. Found this out after spending a lot of dough on a custom spacer to fit a twin injector TBI

------------------
The Stickman

http://members.tripod.com/~TheStickman/SnTsFieros.html

Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again guys. I have so much more respect for the 4cylinder 2.5 now. I have an 86 GT but I have this 86 coupe I have been working on and I have found it to be much easier. Not to mention it has been pumped to over 300hp for racing applications. Thanks again.
Lee

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock