Splitfire sparkplugs question by Morkidan
Started on: 10-20-2003 07:19 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Fie Ro on 10-22-2003 06:15 PM
Morkidan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have these and are they worth the money? Do you get better gas mileage, performance?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
i use them and to tell you the truth i have felt no diffrence what so ever, but on the other hand my engine is the 2.5 with over 200kmiles on it

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Please do a search for "THE" sparkplug thread. This is a dangerious question on this forum.
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
i used them a while ago in my cavalar with dis and failed emmisions,than change to CHEAP $1.00 plugs and did nothing else and passed never tried again.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Run away..........
DreXteR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DreXteRClick Here to visit DreXteR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DreXteRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Run away..........

ROFL!!!!!!

2088 bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2088 bobSend a Private Message to 2088 bobDirect Link to This Post
splitfire plugs are pure JUNK in fact i believe at this time there is a class action lawsuit pending in united states against splitfire i did try them once a while ago like i said CRAP and bosch plugs are not far behind especially the platinum series plugs that i can state with some conviction don,t work worth a dam in my hotrod vw motors have had really good luck over the years using ngk plugs

regards 2088bob
streetlegal rabbit powered sandrail ,85 4cyl 5spd fiero soon to have sbc power

[This message has been edited by 2088 bob (edited 10-21-2003).]

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Run away..........

What a crock of well......
By the fisical nature of its build a split fire plug is an inconsistant firing plug.

Originally posted by webbee:

Please do a search for "THE" sparkplug thread. This is a dangerious question on this forum.

At the risk of being flamed, you are buying marketing not inovation with that plug!

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Butter

3979 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by 2088 bob:

splitfire plugs are pure JUNK in fact i believe at this time there is a class action lawsuit pending in united states against splitfire i did try them once a while ago like i said CRAP and bosch plugs are not far behind especially the platinum series plugs that i can state with some conviction don,t work worth a dam in my hotrod vw motors have had really good luck over the years using ngk plugs

regards 2088bob
streetlegal rabbit powered sandrail ,85 4cyl 5spd fiero soon to have sbc power

I would have to agree with you on that bob even though I run the bosch patinum plug in my VW engine right now. (got a deal on some)I had the bosch patinum plug in my dune bug for about 5 years and its due a tune up now. I would say that bosch patinum has not been the best plug I have run in a VW engine. I've had better luck with the plain janes.

IMHO and experiences-
Different brands of plugs seem to be suited best to certain types of engines. Overall I have had my best luck with motorcraft and my worst luck with champions. (both being of standard design)

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Here we go, in 7 posts Spitfire and Bosh have come under the gun. Who's next? Champions anybody? Autolite, NKG, AC, who's next.

heres the original thread, may be we could just loop it.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20010219-2-004646.html

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Can you get NKG at Autozone, Everyone seems to like them
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
They make no differance. Current will travel the shortest path of resistance.
Their theory of both spark jumping to both neg electrodes is B.S.
2088 bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2088 bobSend a Private Message to 2088 bobDirect Link to This Post
after ngk,s i have had the next best luck with motorcraft did not mean to stir the pot just stating my personal experiences

regard 2088 bob

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
NGK UR5.

Champion's are great if you like shooting them out of the heads!

Had that happen a few times.

2088 bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2088 bobSend a Private Message to 2088 bobDirect Link to This Post
ok ok i went and read the orginal post actually found it quite amusing heres the deal i run ngks in my hotrod watercooled vw streetrail motor runs outstanding i switch to spitfires because i get sucked in by the hype run less than a 1ks and two of these sf plugs are fowled to misfire switch to bosch go maybe 3ks again 1 fowled to mis fire different cyl though switched to ngks that was 15ks ago thing still runs like a raped ape so if someone can explain this to me i will be willing to listen to any and all theories and by the way the splitfires and bosch were both the recommended plug for this engine by the plug manfacturers

regards 2088bob

2088 bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2088 bobSend a Private Message to 2088 bobDirect Link to This Post

2088 bob

18 posts
Member since Jun 2003
after ngk,s i have had the next best luck with motorcraft did not mean to stir the pot just stating my personal experiences

regard 2088 bob

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
How much do NGK's cost?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
They're about the same as replacementplugs I guess. Even around here it was rather cheap. Less than the fancy stuff. They just do the job very well and they're reliable.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock