Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  HELP! Front upper ball joint orientation?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

HELP! Front upper ball joint orientation? by d20180
Started on: 10-18-2003 08:03 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: GTDude on 10-18-2003 08:52 PM
d20180

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for d20180Click Here to Email d20180Send a Private Message to d20180Direct Link to This Post
I am working on an 87, Many, many problems.

This is a kit-car, the front tires had too much space/upper clearance. So I ordered a set of drop spindles. Everything was going fine.....until I went to put the brakes on and check clearances. The caliper bracket wouldn't clear the a-arm. After a bit of head scratching and a call to HKS (my best guess as to who made the a-arms) (BTW they were a great help!) It turns out that the PO had put the a-arms on upside down! After putting things back to rights, it still didn't have full travel. I ended up mounting the Ball joint to the bottom of the a-arm, vs. mounting from the top. Now I have ~1/4" clearance

Should this cause any problems?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTDude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeClick Here to Email GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
As this is the only way to adjust wheel camber, it should cause no probs unless you need more than 1/4" adjustment.

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock