Started on: 10-16-2003 01:57 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: vinny on 10-17-2003 01:36 AM
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
I cranked my 88GT today and the check engine light came on right when it fired up. It idled high and then it would almost die. It kept repeating this type idling almost like it was loading up. I drove the car yesterday with no problems and no check light. Ever since I rebuilt the engine it has run kinda rich. Its a .060 over 2.8 with a stageII cam. How would I check the air fuel mixture and adjust it how would I know how it needs to be set?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SuperDuty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperDutySend a Private Message to SuperDutyDirect Link to This Post
Pull a couple of plugs, and see if there's fuel on them. That should tell you how rich it's running. However, it sounds like something else.... Since it's cold I would check the MAP sensor. I had that very problem this morning. I had to tap on it just to get it started. Here in a few I'm gonna go change it. Hope I've helped.

------------------
Formerly known as Scarecrow...

vinny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
where is the map sensor located?
SuperDuty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperDutySend a Private Message to SuperDutyDirect Link to This Post
It is a small black thing that will have a green plug and a vacuum line off the throttle body plugged into it. In the 4 cyl it's on the side of the air cleaner. For the life of me right now I'm not sure where it is on a V6.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
You may have a vacume leak or ??I would start by pulling the codes.
vinny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
On my way to work I realized something. When I went to the shop today I went to re-install the plastic frame under the console(I rebuilt the shifter). When I bought the car it had a crappy radio and a bad wiring job. I removed the radio and I might have shorted a wire to the frame when I re-installed the plastic frame and not realized it. I'll check it tomorrow.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock