Cutting 1988 WS6 Springs by bobmarshall
Started on: 10-15-2003 10:31 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Dragon1 on 10-16-2003 07:18 AM
bobmarshall

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmarshallSend a Private Message to bobmarshallDirect Link to This Post
If I want to keep the same ride but want to lower the front end 1" should I cut the springs and if so, how many coils and should the cut be from the top or bottom. Also, any helpful suggestions on how to remove the lower control arm bolts that seem to be rusted stuck. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dragon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
I just did this, it's funny one bolt on each side slid right out while the other bolt was stuck. The rear bolts came right out. One front bolt took me 4 hours to remove and the other front bolt took me 6 hours. One came out the other I had to cut and drill.

As for cutting the coils I used a 4" angle grinder, use a cold wet rag or towel wrapped around where you are cutting so the heat doesn't move down the spring or it will weaken it. I cut 1 coil off the front and 1/2 coil off the rear, it lowered about 1" and now my floor jack don't fit under the cradle anymore.......oh well, looks cool.

I like the ride, but I've driven sports cars since I was 16 years old...

Dragon1/Brian

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock