Turnsignal stock problems by Dewie
Started on: 10-14-2003 09:45 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Dewie on 10-16-2003 09:31 AM
Dewie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DewieClick Here to visit Dewie's HomePageSend a Private Message to DewieDirect Link to This Post
Anyone on here have any idea what might cause the windshield whipers to come on every time I use the blinkers? This only happens when the car is physically cold, like in the mornings or late at nights if I just hop in it at night.

------------------

http://dewie.no-ip.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rroberts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rrobertsSend a Private Message to rrobertsDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it could be the combo switch in the column.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2003 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Yep, the wiper switch is in the column, it's what the turn signal stalk plugs into. Over time they go defective, causing a lot of the phantom wipe problems.

JazzMan

knightfieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for knightfieroGTSend a Private Message to knightfieroGTDirect Link to This Post
whats the best way to fix that? sure its not the windshield motor?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2003 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
In a nutshell, remove wheel, remove lockplate, remove turn signal switch, remove ignition switch, remove shroud, remove bracket and bolts under column, remove wiring sleeve, remove wipe switch wiring from column, remove switch from shroud, replace switch, reassemble is reverse of disassembly.

Tools needed: steering wheel puller ($10, Autozone), lockplate compressor (ditto) small phillips, large phillips, T-20 torx driver, 7mm nutdriver or socket, T-30 torx driver, 15mm socket w/extension, 13mm socket w/extension, two small flat-blade screwdrivers or picks, 7/8" deep socket, crescent wrench (for wheel puller)

JazzMan

Dewie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DewieClick Here to visit Dewie's HomePageSend a Private Message to DewieDirect Link to This Post
Great - now I just have to find a switch to replace mine with..

Thank-you all for the help.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock