problem headlights making noise by shirley
Started on: 10-12-2003 06:10 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: paulmckibben on 10-13-2003 12:41 AM
shirley

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2003 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shirleySend a Private Message to shirleyDirect Link to This Post
Saw someone with similar problem, but my prob is different. I disconectd the blue wire and left the headlight up, but when I turn on the headlight beams on the motor starts making noise. And its louder noise than the noise it does when its down. I thought that if I disconected theblue wire there should be no motor running, and be happy with just the light beams on, but now i cant even have beams on, only the yellow ones.

any suggestions, I just want the beams to work witho0ut it making noise.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
paulmckibben

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2003 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulmckibbenClick Here to visit paulmckibben's HomePageSend a Private Message to paulmckibbenDirect Link to This Post
Shirley,

If the headlights make noise when they are in the full up or full down position, then I presume what you hear is the headlight motor. If so, the gear in the headlight is stripped (unless you have an '87-88 in which case the rollers have disintegrated) and you need new gears (or rollers). You can get either gears or rollers from rodneydickman.com.

There are various writeups on the Net addressing headlight problems for the Fiero. one is on my web site at www.fierosails.com/headlights.html

Good luck!

Paul McKibben
Norcross, GA

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock