question on no spark problem 85 2.5 by foxgapfiero
Started on: 10-09-2003 05:27 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: foxgapfiero on 10-09-2003 05:44 PM
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to get a car started that has set for a few years. Changed plugs, wires, fixed a few broken wires to some sensors, the usual stuff. I'm stuck on a no spark problem. I'm checking to see if I have spark at the coil and the first test was power with the ignition on but not cranking. I have power at one plug doing this. Other plug no power. Started cranking, still no power at the other plug. Checked for power after fusible link at the starter while cranking, I have power there. Ok, where am I losing the power? At the ignition switch on the column? I'm under the impression that for starting you get power from the starter and when it starts and you release the key you get power from that point to keep it running. Am I missing something here?

------------------
Mark Hoagland
861/2GT 3.4 5-speed 355 nose and tailights
88GT T-Top yellow 5-speed
86SE 2M6 auto

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
p8ntman442

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
Change the crank position sensor on the back of the coil pack and make sure the ground to the coil packs and module is good. For some reason my grand am after being parked for a year in good shape had a bad cps.
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry bud, no DIS on this motor. This motor has a coil and a distributer. Decaprio has said I got this backward. I should check the modual first.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock