Started on: 10-08-2003 07:35 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Gordo on 10-09-2003 06:59 AM
Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
'85 duke that i got free a few weeks ago starts right up now but idles at about 2700 rpm. where should i begin looking? i have an '84 parts car so i might have whatever it is i need. also....this is gonna sound stupid but the '85 has a broken shifter or select cable and i'm not sure whether its a 4 speed or 5 speed. guy i got it from said it was a 4 speed but i found a 5 speed shift knob in the car. what would be the easiest way to tell?

[This message has been edited by Nazareth (edited 10-08-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nazareth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
i ran the codes and got 15 and 34 coolant sensor and map sensor... should i change both or will one cause faulty readings from the other?....

[This message has been edited by Nazareth (edited 10-08-2003).]

Nazareth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post

Nazareth

730 posts
Member since Aug 2003
bump
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Have you checked the sensor grounds with an ohm meter? Sounds like one of them is missing. The TPS and CTS share a ground so that might be a place to look first.
Nazareth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
haven't tried that yet but i'll get it this weekend...thanks alot for the reply spark1
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Also, if it's the original transmission it's a 5-speed. Here are a couple of links:
http://www.k12.nf.ca/gc/Staff/Teachers/Crummey/fiero/transmissions.htm
http://floridafieros.org/osg/tranny.html
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
vacuum leak?
TPS?
IAC?

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/fiero.htm

DaveL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveLSend a Private Message to DaveLDirect Link to This Post
They are both relatively cheap sensors, so I'd replace em anyway. It's always good to keep an extra MAP in the glovebox. I keep a little "fun" box in the "trunk" with a few little items just in case, like fuses etc.

Have you driven it around some? It does take the ECM a little while to "acclimate" itself.

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2003 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
If you have a five speed shift knob, It's a replacement. The shift pattern for a Fiero is on the console. The knob is blank and you probably have a 4-speed.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock