Started on: 10-07-2003 05:16 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Fierobsessed on 10-08-2003 10:54 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
This is how it looks as of today. The wire harness is a little more work than I thought.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

This is how it looks as of today. The wire harness is a little more work than I thought.

------------------

86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $1200.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com
Will entertain for SIG! Photoshop Challenged. Only you can help stop Text Sig's!

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Looking at that confusion of wires, I'm glad I found a buyer for my Short*

------------------
1988 GT, 5-speed, white, beechwood leather, trying to get a 3.4 DOHC put together.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
The conversion is going OK but I wish I had more time to work on it.
A PFFer came over today and made a coment about all the wires I have laying around from other conversions. I saved them for parts. So I took them and covered the 3.5 and took a pic. Man that is a MESS. I am glad the real thing aint that bad.
DakotaMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DakotaMattSend a Private Message to DakotaMattDirect Link to This Post
Man, you had me there for a second I have to pull harnesses completely apart sometimes, but that is just sick. So really, how is it comming?
-Matt
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I am glad the real thing aint that bad.

Me too! I was thinking to myself, "If he had to do that to a wiring harness to figure it out, maybe I should just tell him to stop now before his head explodes."

Keep us updated, I'm very interested in your swap!

Bryce
88 GT

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DakotaMatt:
So really, how is it comming?
-Matt

LOL...

It would be going better if I was'nt allways showing up all the time looking around and making him stop for "photo-ops" of the mess around / on / in / over ....lol the motor.

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 10-08-2003).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I realy do want to take it to Songmans coastal run, so I do need to step it up. But it is going good. I dont see anything that stands to stop me yet. But I do still have two BIG bumps in the road. Wireing, it seems to get more and more complex as I learn more about it. And exaust. I have seen many differant systems but none that I have seen will pass smog in Ca. on this OBDII 3.5 swap. It will have to be made of SS and be insulated VERRY well to keep the exaust temps up for Cat Lightoff and just to make it harder it will have to be a very short short path from manifold to Cat. But I dont need a smog check for about a year, so I can do a temp system and work out bugs.
I took out the under dash wire harness for a TOTAL make over. If I was to do this again I will just use the Olds under dash harness And adapt it to the Fiero. That is how much I am changing.
DakotaMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DakotaMattSend a Private Message to DakotaMattDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I already determined that it is going to be easier for me to rewire the fiero to work with the engine rather than try to shoehorn the engine wiring into the fiero setup. As it is, with the frame striped of EVERYTHING, I'm going to create my own wiring as I go.
yeay
-Matt
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Putting the BCM in is alot of work. I am rewireing the fuse block and all. I even took out the Stock Fiero ign Key and am putting in the Olds Key. It wont go in the stock location, it will be moved to the dash somwere.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
My dad and I are experienced at making wiring harnesses and it took us about 40 man-hours to put together the harness for my Northstar. Shortstar will be 95% as much work.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2003 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Isn't there some easy way to adapt a 3.4 DOHC harness (witch is almost identicle to the 3.1) to the shortstar? I bet the computer won't notice the 0.1 L difference. The firing order might have to be re-arranged. At least its not OBDII, as opposed to the Shortstars. I guess it all comes down to what transmission you decide to use.

------------------
84 Indy fiero Quad 4 HO (almost done!!)
85 2m? Getting parted out soon
Silver 88 GT, Newest addiction.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock