What does the EGR canister do by Fieroboss
Started on: 10-07-2003 02:56 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 10-07-2003 04:17 PM
Fieroboss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobossClick Here to visit Fieroboss's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierobossDirect Link to This Post
the canister that goes to the trottle body and the EGR valve, it also has a line that controls the fuel (i think), i thought i read that somewhere, well anyway, how bad would this screw my performance up by eliminating it, and capping off all the lines? if that isn't going 2 work, is there anything else i can do instead?

------------------
Ground Zero Performance
http://www.groundzeroperformance.com

Speed Kills - Drive a honda

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
amikin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amikinSend a Private Message to amikinDirect Link to This Post
i believe ogre's cave has information about it

should be referenced as a vapour cannister somewhere on his site

don't really know what it does myself but remember reading something about it there

BlueCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueCatSend a Private Message to BlueCatDirect Link to This Post
You should be able to eliminate the canister by plugging the two vacuum lines from the TB and placing some sort of filter on the line coming from the tank...you also need to keep this line as high as possible, otherwise gas can flow thru it from the tank

The canister is designed to improve gas mileage by making use of the gas vapors in the system.

There is charcoal inside the canister and it can go bad after age or being soaked with gas...also there is a filter on the bottom of the can that can get clogged.

Good Luck

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2003 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero has a charcoal canister next to the air filter. But there is a vapor canister on the other side of the car too. It is under the rear clip beside the battery. It is hard to get to but you can see it if you take out the right side wheel and inner fender or if you take out the fiberglass inselation that is next to the battery.
DONT take this stuff out. The charcoal canister and vapor canister work together to recycle gas vapors that form in the tank from heat and sloshing around. How do you plan on venting the tank. That could be a fire hazard if you dont do it right, raw gas fumes venting out at will and uncontrold can be kind of dangerous. The tank needs to vent even when the car is not runnig. The outside temp causes the gas to evaporate, and that is why the two canisters are there.

This is the Fiero charcoal canister and the Fiero vapor canister

This is the vapor canister and charcoal canister that I used to replace the Fiero canisters on my 3.5 conversion.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock