Started on: 10-04-2003 06:12 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: TK on 10-06-2003 12:12 AM
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
My Fiero has a hard time idleing when the car is moving, idles fine when it's sitting. I have WinALDL and can monitor the sensors, but not sure if the numbers are wrong or not.

Also, I have an 85 V6 ECM, but swapped it out with an 86 V6 ECM (7170) to see if that was the problem. Where I choose my ECM, do I choose 86 2.8 MPFI or the 7170? And do I need to connect the green wire so it runs in diagnostic mode or leave it disconnected?

Right now with the green wire connected and the car not running, TPS is at 43.

What sensors would have to do with my idle (TPS, MAP, IAC?) and what should they read?

Tell me what to do, and I'll log it and send it to you if you can help.

I've replaced/swapped everything and nothing fixes it.

[edit] My Fiero is turbocharged and usually uses the 6869 ECM with a 2 bar MAP. I swapped it for the 7170 with a normal MAP to see what happened.

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 10-04-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Use the 6869 or 7170 listing. Both are the same. 85 MPFI is the mass airflow system (6870) and the ALDL stream is different.

Idle is determined by the calibration in the eprom (900 +/- 75) and it's controlled by the IAC. If the TPS is too high it will try to enrichen the fuel (yours sounds fine). IAC os 30-60 is fine. 0 is bad meaning it's leaking air in somewhere else.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 10-04-2003).]

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I just replaced the fuel filter, PCV, and ignition module. It idles when coming to a stop now, but does fall low at first, then brings itself back up. It will also hesitate a bit when going into boost.

I guess I'll check the timing again.

It does feel good getting pushed into my seat again! Even with the wastegate open (might get 2 psi) and trying real hard to not go above 3700 RPM, it's fast.

When ya gonna throw that turbo on yours, Terry?

------------------
SAVE THE SHAUN!!

Blown '88 Fastback Coupe!

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Soon, very soon.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock