Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Leak input shaft trans, how do i fix it ?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Leak input shaft trans, how do i fix it ? by FIEROZ.COM
Started on: 10-03-2003 04:21 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: FIEROZ.COM on 10-06-2003 07:27 PM
FIEROZ.COM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2003 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROZ.COMClick Here to visit FIEROZ.COM's HomePageSend a Private Message to FIEROZ.COMDirect Link to This Post
Need advice, i got a 4 speed, has a leak in the input shaft, how do i fix it..Also have another one with the speedometer gear " the one inside the trans", broken off. And yet another one that won't go into reverse " i try moving the levers manually" won't go.
Where can i buy replacement parts for them.

------------------
" My intention is to " give a different point of view ", not to offend in any way; peace."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2003 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
GM would be a good place to start
FIEROZ.COM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROZ.COMClick Here to visit FIEROZ.COM's HomePageSend a Private Message to FIEROZ.COMDirect Link to This Post
Anybody else, any ideas how to fix them.
Hello it's this thing on!

------------------
" My intention is to " give a different point of view ", not to offend in any way; peace."

FIEROZ.COM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROZ.COMClick Here to visit FIEROZ.COM's HomePageSend a Private Message to FIEROZ.COMDirect Link to This Post
Callin all trans experts
Callin all trans experts

Need, some help here!

------------------

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2003 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
I know how to replace the seal. You have to remove the transmission from the engine, and take it apart. On the inside of the transmission casing there are three 10mm bolts that hold the input shaft seal in place. Remove it and take it somewhere to find a new seal.

I know this because I did it just a few days ago. Now I need to find out where to get a couple new gears from. The local tranny shop says he can't get new gears anymore so he is looking for a core with decent gears.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anybody know where I can buy new gears for the 4 sp? What is the model number for it? It IS a Muncie, am I correct?

------------------

FIEROZ.COM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2003 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROZ.COMClick Here to visit FIEROZ.COM's HomePageSend a Private Message to FIEROZ.COMDirect Link to This Post
Any part number for the seal?

Hellooo does anybody know anything about transmisions in this forum......

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock