1.6 ration roller rocker questions by spearce
Started on: 10-03-2003 11:10 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Alex4mula on 10-04-2003 02:15 PM
spearce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2003 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried to use 1.6 ratio roller rockers with stock valve springs, valve covers and cstock cam?

Will they fit under thw stock covers?

Is there any spring bind?

Steve

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2003 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
Someone must have done this.
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2003 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I have the 1.6 rockers installed on my car. They are relatively easy to install. You just have to be careful with the lash adjustment. Plenty of room to install them and the stock parts are adequet for them. I would recommend replacing the hydrolic lifters when you replace the rocker arms since it will be easy to replace them.

As to the power, you will feel the power increase immediately. About 10% more across the entire rpm range.

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Gotta agree with Doug. I've tried 1.6 rockers on my 2.8 and would agree that you prob get about a 10% increase in power. If you change the cam you can expect about another 10%. Good luck!

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guy's
I've got to replace the clutch, so while I'm at it, Ive got a set of ceramimic coated ported exhaust manifolds to put on and I was thinking of doing the rockers. I'll be doing these for shure now.

Steve

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
10%? 14hp? Sure on a seat of the pants dyno

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock