T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

No start, Simple question. by SAMIAM
Started on: 10-02-2003 04:27 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: camon on 10-02-2003 01:00 PM
SAMIAM
No longer registered
Report this Post10-02-2003 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAMIAMSend a Private Message to SAMIAMDirect Link to This Post
Went out to the car got in, turned the key and all accessories lights came on for a split second. then nothing. No click, no lights and no start.
I just put in new ignition coils. They Are Accel coils(I've heard horror stories) but i would thinks the lights would work if the coil was bad right? I'm thinking battery... how about you guys?

SAMIAM

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking that an electrical failure of that scale is just a bit too coincidental with the first power-on after replacement of electrical parts.

Have you considered that you may have hooked up something incorrectly, or broken one or more other connections in the process of replacing your coil?

Double-check that you did indeed connect the new ignition coil properly, then check every possible wiring connector near the area you were working in, as well as the fuseable links over near C500.

------------------
-d.

1985 2M6 SE (his)
1984 2M4 (hers)

Ratings don't make the world go 'round, but they are nice to have. If you find what I have to say helpful, please click on that Rate this member link over to the left and give me a positive.

SAMIAM
No longer registered
Report this Post10-02-2003 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAMIAMSend a Private Message to SAMIAMDirect Link to This Post
O no, I didnt just put in new coils. Sorry for being unclear. They are newer I guess. I have driven the car many times with new coils. Drove home from work, went to sleep, woke up and car wont start.

SAMIAM

FIEROZ.COM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROZ.COMClick Here to visit FIEROZ.COM's HomePageSend a Private Message to FIEROZ.COMDirect Link to This Post
Check your battery first, then look for any loose wiring, fuses.

------------------
" My intention is to " give a different point of view ", not to offend in any way; peace."

SAMIAM
No longer registered
Report this Post10-02-2003 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAMIAMSend a Private Message to SAMIAMDirect Link to This Post
ok now onto problem 2. My door key broke Do I have to drill the lock? Or will GM have a key for me? Its an 88.

thanks
SAMIAM

camon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2003 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonDirect Link to This Post
I too would check the battery!

My car one time did the same think. I parked it came out from the store hit the key it turned over just briefly (like half a rotation and everything went dead)! It never did this before and I didn't mess with the battery prior to this hapening!

Popped the engine compartment lid wiggled the battery wires and noticed the trunk lightr came on when I did this. I tightened the battery cables (the negative was only slightly loose) got in the car and it cranked over like normal and fired up!

I would check this first. Even if you didn't remove the battery cables for any reason this still may be the cause....sometimes they loosen! Also check all fuses and check the condition of the battery cables (look for wear or fraying!

Good Luck!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock