Centerforce Clutches for V8??? by 84BANGER
Started on: 09-30-2003 06:52 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: tstroud on 10-01-2003 10:45 PM
84BANGER

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BANGERClick Here to Email 84BANGERSend a Private Message to 84BANGERDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing a (350) v-8 swap and I'm wondering if the Centerforce dual friction clutch is the best way to go? I found it on the net for $252 (american). Is that a good deal, are there any other options to look at? Also, what kind of starter should I use because I know the stock one won't fit?
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 572
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Click Here to Email avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Have you ever been to this site? www.v8archie.com He also sells the clutches.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 396
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Click Here to Email $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i have a Spec stage 3 Copper puck Spring clutch in my V8, its really nice, and i have about 400 hp its agressive, but still streetable, (barley)

------------------
Rich AIM one fast 2m8
WTB: 3.32 4 speed tranny

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i have the centerforce DF that they sell for Archie's kit and it will slip in 2 from a dead stop if i dump the clutch. if i ever replace it or have the tranny off for repair i will put in something that grabs a little harder.

------------------
Buddy "there are two Gs in my name"
Ling = 84SE 350 N2O Poly MrMike seats Sequentials
Julia C = 85GT stock (mostly)
KCFOG
got a broken stud?
car doesn't crank over?

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2003 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I installed a Centerforce DF installed with my 3.4L SC. I was disappointed. It's fine for normal driving, but I found it would slip when dumping the clutch from even as low as 3000rpm. I have the cradle out and will be installing a Spec Stage 2 clutch (good to 340 ft/lbs torque)next week.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2003 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I'm with $Rich$

got a spec stage 3 and that thing grabs like crazy. They have ratings on all their clutches.. I've heard nothing but good things from them on mustang forums etc.
http://www.speclutches.com

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 396
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Click Here to Email $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
Pm Sent to 84banger about the Spec
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2003 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I have the non archie centerforce dual friction on a mild 350 and It will slip if I try.
The spec could be a better clutch.
When the centerforce dies I will look into the spec clutches too.
What is the pedal pressure like with the spec clutch. My centerforce feels lighter than the stocker on my old 2.5.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock