Idle (On Start) Problems by Scythe
Started on: 09-24-2003 04:39 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Carrolles on 10-06-2003 08:25 AM
Scythe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Whenever I try to start my fiero after like 5 hours of sitting, the car rev's itself to around 2000 rpm...then quickly drops down to 500 rpm where it sounds like it's going to putter out, but then quickly shoots back up to 2000 rpm and then stabilizes. If I reverse during the upper 2000 part, it'll do the cycle again until it stabilizes. winALDL says I have error 33 and 35, also if it's of any help, my temp gauge doesn't work, it's all the way left (doubt it's related?). What's wrong?

Thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
TTT
The car is running the stock 2.8l v6 too
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post

Scythe

1055 posts
Member since Apr 2003
ttt....

Anyone? I really need this figured out, at least someone start me in the right direction of what is wrong possibly.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2003 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Well..the only help I have is that code 33 is MAP sensor, and 35 is Idle speed error. You could start by checking your map sensor. Here is a list of all the trouble codes and what they mean : https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ECMCodes

Good luck!

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2003 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
My car does the SAME EXACT THING! Does your Oil Pressure gauge drop real low sometimes when you come to a stopsign or something? When mine does that, the temp gauge goes up a little bit at the same time, but once I take off again, my oil press. is the same and my temp goes back all the way left! Hmm...

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Yes it does - a lot brad :/
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Hmmm...now this topic is interesting to me, as well! I have a code 44, and I am going to diagnose the O2 sensor right now...Gotta love the factory service manual!
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
it could be a vac leak make sure the rubber end pulled a liitle off the hard plastic line
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Sprayed around with throttle body cleaner, and no luck with vac lines being messed up.
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post

Scythe

1055 posts
Member since Apr 2003
I'm using a new O2 sensor too fyi :P
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
fieroscious

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosciousSend a Private Message to fierosciousDirect Link to This Post
Check for a vacuum leak around the egr tube. I didn't find mine the first time, but it was the cause of my code 35, and those tubes are definately a problem on these cars. Low vacuum could cause the 33 as well.
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2003 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Wow. Just like said, my EGR tube has a hole in it near where it connects to the plenum! What is the most cost-effective fix? Can I grab one off a Camaro at the J-yard? I can't afford a braided one right now.

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2003 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
from what i heard is you can but you have to do some bending to meet the egr valve and drill the mount hole bigger. I have to do the same thing to mine till i can aford a new one . this what other forum members told me i havn't had time to do it yet.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2003 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
The EGR tube on my 85GT was just about completely severed where it connects to the flange at the intake manifold. It was hanging on by a thread.

I took it to a speed shop and had it welded back together for $15.00.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock