Started on: 09-22-2003 03:53 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 11-02-2003 01:58 AM
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2003 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Well i test fit mine under the drivers side vent and i dont see how it will work without using a large 'persuader' to knock out some clearance. ive seen the trunk mounted setup here but i would like to see other setups, maybe im missing something here...

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Leadfoot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeadfootSend a Private Message to LeadfootDirect Link to This Post
I put mine behind the driver's side quater panel. It even has a Spal fan hooked up to it which dramaically improves cooling. If you use the blackstone saab intercooler it is very doable. However, you will need to cut away the sheetmetal under the evap canistor, make your own intercooler bracket, modify the fuel tube, and modify the quater panel for clearance. I did all this with a simple dremel tool and a torch kit I bought from Menards. I will send you a word document that I am working on that has the pics. It is not complete but it has most of my images.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
I put mine down under the car between the cradle and body. sits right in front of the starter location. I use an electric puller fan as well as an air deflector off a RWD GM car to ensure airflow at all vehicle speeds. biggest hurdle was running pipes down to and back up from the IC but other than that pleanty of room. Then again I don't have any exhaust running up there either.

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom GM Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | dtcc.cz28.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 11-02-2003).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock