Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  What tool should I use to remove the CAT?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What tool should I use to remove the CAT? by FieroRumor
Started on: 08-12-2003 02:26 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Steve Normington on 08-12-2003 04:16 PM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
What sort of circular tool should I use to cut off the cat? Could I use a dremel type, or would that just bee too "wimpy" to do the job...?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I used a hacksaw myself. wasnt to hard a cut. the other side the bolts came out, so I only had the one cut.
Paul Prince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
You can buy this tool that looks like long pliers and have two circular cutting blades like a tube cutter. NAPA has them. I think they are called muffler pipe cutters or something like that. Clamp it on and rotate the tool, and it will cut the pipe....Paul
Steve Normington

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
I think you'd be on it a long time with a Dremel. Watch an episode of Junkyard Wars and use any tool you see them using on there.

Die grinder, saws-all, angle grinder all work well. The saws-all is best as you can cut both sides at once.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock