flushmount head lights by jeremymarsh
Started on: 08-12-2003 09:15 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: jeremymarsh on 08-12-2003 08:19 PM
jeremymarsh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeremymarshClick Here to Email jeremymarshSend a Private Message to jeremymarshDirect Link to This Post
What kind of lights are you using for the flushmount lights and are they bright enough to see with them recessed back in so far and do toms lights have low beam and high beam. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 275
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageClick Here to Email MinnGreenGTSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Both Tom/Cadaver's and KMunson56's use driving-style lights (not actual headlights).

I'm not sure what level of bulb Kris uses in his fixtures, but Tom includes 55W bulbs with his. I run 100w bulbs in the "low beam" side, and 135w in the high beam side. (low beam is just one fixture lit, high beam is with both).

They light the road OK, but admittedly not as well as stock lighting. But I'm always pretty well pleased with mine except when driving in the rain at night (although installing the plexi lens would certainly help a ton with that... just need to do it one of these days).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

jeremymarsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeremymarshClick Here to Email jeremymarshSend a Private Message to jeremymarshDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Both Tom/Cadaver's and KMunson56's use driving-style lights (not actual headlights).

I'm not sure what level of bulb Kris uses in his fixtures, but Tom includes 55W bulbs with his. I run 100w bulbs in the "low beam" side, and 135w in the high beam side. (low beam is just one fixture lit, high beam is with both).

They light the road OK, but admittedly not as well as stock lighting. But I'm always pretty well pleased with mine except when driving in the rain at night (although installing the plexi lens would certainly help a ton with that... just need to do it one of these days).

I have already got the lenses cut but I am thinking that this winter when my car is put up I will maybe make my own, the lights I really want are about 250.00 for the 4, high and low beams thats not including the other material to do the project. Does any one else know what kind of lights tom is using for his kit and what sizes and how are people attaching the lexan covers.

soloyosh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soloyoshClick Here to Email soloyoshSend a Private Message to soloyoshDirect Link to This Post
Anyone make a C5R type headlamp system for the Fiero? For those of you that haven't seen them these actually protrude up a little out of the bucket. I think these would be cool and more functional than a fully flush system.

Brett

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 275
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageClick Here to Email MinnGreenGTSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Jeremy- as far as I can tell (from comparing the one's on my '94 Bravada) Tom is using "Blazer" style driving lights (which use an H3 bulb).

I'd be curious to see/hear about what fixture you're considering. I know that "Hybrid2M6" made his own (really cool) headlights, but it's a bit more involved of a project than installing something like Tom or Kris's system. http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/020580.html

Most people (all except one, KAZ, that I'm aware of) are using the vaccum-formed lexan headlight covers (about $60) from Kmunson56 - they are designed to be pressfit into the hood from below, and there is no additional mounting devices needed. The front of the lens has 2 tabs that fit into existing holes in the hood, and then the fixture itself bolts to the hood from below to hold it in as well. I don't see any way it could come loose.

Roger Garrison does also have lexan lenses on his Ferraro rebody- but they're simply held in place by velcro (and he's never had any trouble with them leaving the car).

soloyosh- I know what you mean about the protruding Corvette headlight assemblies... they're sweet (and run about $1k or more last time I checked). So, no... nobody's done anything quite like that before (although pisa had or has a hood that uses projector-style headlights in that kind of configuration). I don't know that there is anyone in the Fiero community looking to spend that kind of money on tooling for a product with such a small market.

jeremymarsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeremymarshClick Here to Email jeremymarshSend a Private Message to jeremymarshDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again for the information I might try takeling it but than again I might just buy Toms, is there anyone else making this type of set up other than tom.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock