Fiero fires? by GTTONE
Started on: 08-10-2003 10:31 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: 1985FieroGT on 08-10-2003 11:04 PM
GTTONE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTTONESend a Private Message to GTTONEDirect Link to This Post
I know this is a touchy subject but what was it that would catch fire in some fieros? Was it all years or certain ones?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTTONE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTTONESend a Private Message to GTTONEDirect Link to This Post
Sorry i already posted this but didn't think it worked.
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Any car thats this old not taken care off has a high possibility of igniting. The 84's had weak engine rods, so if you let the oil get old, or low, the rod would snap through the block, spewing hot oil all over the catalytic convertor, which caught it on fire. Later models didn't have as much of a problem, but they did burn up, on V6's if the front manifold is leaking (The hardest one to get to) can cause a fire cause they tend to leak. The main fires were from oil getting on something hot and igniting. Other sources of fire were the wiring. Nowadays you should clean all the old dry leaves out of the engine compartment, pull the heater thing in the front, and pull the leaves, or that can catch on fire. make sure your heat shields are over all the places where it should be, and make sure your cat or straight pipe (if you have one) has a shield over it. Etc.

------------------
If you liked my contribution, please give me a positive rating! ;) If you didn't, please give me a positive rating.

In Progress Restoration/Hot Rodding of a 1984 SE, to be powered by some sort of motor from the GM Line.

Future owner of an 84 SE converted with 86 GT parts, and 50,000 mile V6

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Friggen ROCKS on Xbox, you must buy it and an xbox if you don't have one, its worth getting the system for this game.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock