Outer Dew Wipers installion question? by numan
Started on: 08-10-2003 12:20 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: jeremymarsh on 08-10-2003 10:19 PM
numan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for numanSend a Private Message to numanDirect Link to This Post
I order the outside dew wipers from the Fiero Store and they came in today. They did not include any instructions with them. So could some one tell me what I need to do, to install them? Any help given would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
The following link has a PDF format of a step by step instruct on Dew Wipe install.

edit(forgot the link): http://www.michiganfieroclub.org/dewstrip.pdf

Hope this helps,

Dan

------------------

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-10-2003).]

numan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for numanSend a Private Message to numanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dan,

I just finished printing the information. I know what I will be doing tomorrow.

Thanks again.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I have done both of my doors. No need to take the skins off. Used Rodneys tool and it worked.
newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
I didn't have rodney tool but I took a regular bit, gut about 1/4" off it and used a closed end ratchet wrench, worked good.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Your experience with Rodney's tool will be greatly enhanced if you relieve the pressure of the glass on the dew wipes. There are two, (I believe 10mm) bolts on the top of the door that do that. The bolts will be obvious after you remove the inside door panels.

There are other methods to replace the dew wipes but I have used Rodney's tool on two cars and found it to be not that difficult.

Also I did not replace the two difficult screws. The dew wipe is still held in place securely and next time I replace them it will be a LOT easier.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior)
1988 Coupe (Daily Driver),
1985 SE (Project Car) Recent Addition
1985 Coupe (parts car)
Firebird Interior Installation Thread

jeremymarsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeremymarshSend a Private Message to jeremymarshDirect Link to This Post
Goto www.fieronews.com and then go to articles on the right side click on it, then goto how 2s in the center of the screen and click on it, and read that article on installing dew wipes. This is the easiest way I found replacinig them and you dont need any special tools. Hope this helps.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock