Started on: 08-09-2003 02:54 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: doublec4 on 08-09-2003 05:07 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Some of you know that recently I had an accident in the rain. Anyways, I replaced everything and had the body work done. Unfortunately, my turn signal is not working properly. It flashes really quickly and is extremely dim. The brake and reverse lights work fine, and they brake lights use the same bulbs as the turn signal. Does anybody know what the problem may be?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kris Duck

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kris DuckSend a Private Message to Kris DuckDirect Link to This Post
Do both sides flash at the same speed? If not, then one of the bulbs may be burnt out, Possibly from the accident.

I know when my car got crunched in the front, part of the wiring harness got pinched between two parts and got cut. The shop that did the work said they cut and spliced the wires, but for some reason when I've been driving a lot when it's hot out, the right turn indicator inside the car lights up dimly and the right turn signal stops flashing.

I haven't had a chance to poke around when it stops working. It usually starts working again before I stop the car.

Anyway, check all the lights, especially ones near the point of impact, and check the wires around that area.

Good luck,

Kris

------------------

Little, Yellow, Different New sig pic with 17's coming soon!

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2003 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Some of you know that recently I had an accident in the rain. Anyways, I replaced everything and had the body work done. Unfortunately, my turn signal is not working properly. It flashes really quickly and is extremely dim. The brake and reverse lights work fine, and they brake lights use the same bulbs as the turn signal. Does anybody know what the problem may be?

The flashing rate of most turn signals is related to the electrical load the bulbs place on the circuit. The more current flows, the faster the flasher flashes. It sounds like you have a short in the circuit somewhere. I'd start by checking all the wiring near the area of original damage, and check the sockets by visually inspecting the contacts to see if any are damaged inside. Also, a shorted bulb can cause this as well, so you ought to try replacing all of the bulbs on that side as well. It could also be a bad flasher, too.

JazzMan

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'll check that stuff, however, as I mentioned, the brake lights use the same bulbs as the turn signals and my brake lights work perfectly. Therefore, the bulbs can't be the problem. I guess I'll check the wiring. Also, my turn indicator on my instrument cluster flashes as quickly as the bulb and very dim, so there must be a problem in the circuit.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock