Grinding Noise Needs Analizing by FieroSkank
Started on: 08-09-2003 02:29 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: FieroSkank on 08-10-2003 07:26 PM
FieroSkank

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSkankSend a Private Message to FieroSkankDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here's the deal; me and FierosUnlimited changed out my clutch and my passenger side half shaft (axle from wheel tranny) Now we have the car all put back togather and the engine works and runs good and the clutch is working. BUT, now there's a damned grinding noise that's coming from the rear passenger side. So if anybody has done this same work and had the same problem or even thinks they know what would make such a noise please reply. i just wanna drive again.
p.s. also i'm thinking it might be the breaks... but i did no break adjustments. thoughs?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Might pay off to look at the dust cover for the rotor. It may have gotten bent during the process of half shaft install.
FieroSkank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSkankSend a Private Message to FieroSkankDirect Link to This Post
*runs outside tares wheel off inspects dust cover... nothing wrong with it*
damn guess that's not it... any more suggestions? Anybody?
862M4inCA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 862M4inCASend a Private Message to 862M4inCADirect Link to This Post
I would raise the back end and support it on jackstands, remove both wheels and see if you can create the noise by spinning the hub assembly. If that doesn't create the noise, you might be able to run the engine in first gear and see if you can pinpoint the source of the sound. If neither method recreates the sound, try putting the tires back on and try it again. It might be possible that the tires are rubbing against the strut tower, especially if you loosened the strut to knuckle bolts to remove the axle shaft and didn't get your camber correct when you reassembled.
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
ANALIZED? Sounds kinky! Or perhaps you mean, analyzed?

Does it make the grinding noise just idling but not moving? Or only while moving? Does it make the noise when the car is not running and is you push it? Could it be the starter hanging up? Axle rubbing against something?

FieroSkank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2003 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSkankSend a Private Message to FieroSkankDirect Link to This Post
Well, i've yet to try pushing it. i'll give that some thought. It's just when the car is in motion. it's not the starter i tried that. It's very likly that tonight i'll try putting the back end up on jack stands and try running her a bit. That was a pretty good idea and i thank you for the help. i'll keep you posted and tell you what the problem was aft i figure it out.
-Skank.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock