Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  87-88 Headlight module from other cars....

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

87-88 Headlight module from other cars.... by Hank is Here
Started on: 08-08-2003 08:21 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: jelly2m8 on 08-09-2003 01:21 AM
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
I need a 87-88 headlight module and am heading out the the yard tomorrow.
I have heard that a module from about a 91 Firebird is the same part. Does anyone know the range of years that the Firsbird one would be the same part? I found an 87 in the yard the other week that had the same style motors as the 87-88 Fiero's so would this have the same module?

Secondly where is the module located on the Fierbirds? I tried to follow the wiring and did not see the module.

tHANKs

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
That I know of....

GM only used one module for all cars with this system. (One of those money things...)

I don't know where it is on firebird. On Sunbird it is on the left strut tower on the couple I've seen. Firebird probably has the thing hidden like Fiero does. Look for a hole in the front fenders etc where about 10-12 wires vanish.

If need be take "bandage" scissors and use them to folow the wires from the motors back to the module. (This type scissor will easily cut tape and save wire. Any scissor will work if you don't care about wire.)

------------------
No good ever came from dark and spooky. Norville "Shaggy" Rogers

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2003 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
I pulled the entire wiring and associated modules from a 91 fireturd when I did my TPI swap on the V8.

If I remember correctly the headlight module was located either on the backside of the rad support, or inside the front edge of the drivers side fender. Remember I said " if I remember correctly"...:P

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, Loaded

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock