engine swap by cold fiero
Started on: 08-08-2003 07:50 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: cold fiero on 08-08-2003 11:52 PM
cold fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cold fieroSend a Private Message to cold fieroDirect Link to This Post
I have the oportunity to buy my first fiero. Here is the problem it has a 2.5 with a four speed. How hard is it to put in the 2.8 v6 out of a gt. Or has any body got any sugestions about what would make an easy swap.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2003 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The ease of a V engine swap depends on the year of the car. The '84s had the big harness connector at the firewall and the V engines hit it, it has to be relocated. Also, the harness is so totally different between the '84 cars and later years that a swap will entail a major rewiring project. In '85 and up Fieros it's fairly straight-forward to swap in a Fiero V6, just some minor wiring tweaks, otherwise it's plug and play.

JazzMan

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Might be a good car to put a high-output Quad 4 into, tho.

Ed

cold fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cold fieroSend a Private Message to cold fieroDirect Link to This Post
so what does it entail to do the swap in an 84 to a quad 4. What tran can i use the quad 4 5 sp or one that came in the Fiero's (4sp,5sp) thanks again

[This message has been edited by cold fiero (edited 08-08-2003).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock