Started on: 08-07-2003 06:33 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 85frankenstein on 08-07-2003 11:33 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
For those of you wanting to just match vinyl/leather or a complete recoloring job. I got this info from a guy in our club that has 2 Rolls Royces. He had the interior done from blue to light gray a couple of years ago, including even the seats themselves. There is no fading, peeling or any sign of wear. It was even judged in a concours and no one knew it had been recolored. Not very expensive either. Any color you want from a swatch for $55 a pint, prep $17 a pint. Also have a leather conditioner better than Zymol or any of the others. Recommended by Rolls. He did his interior with a 2 inch foam brush btw, not sprayed. Looks like OEM Leather.
http://WWW.LEATHERIQUE.COM

------------------

3.1 Turbo 4 spd/ L-98/ carbed LT1

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
oh great, NOW you post this, lol, good find though thanks for sharing. could have really used this about 6 months ago though.

------------------

My 85 Fiero GT

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That looks like some pretty good stuff. I can't tell the difference in the pics.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
OK, since this subject is up again. What IS the trick to get paint to stay on high wear areas like the arm rests?? we painted ours black last year & it's fine except the armrests. i even put several coats on it & a couple coats of clear coat. No dice. it eventually wears off. I did the wipe down with acetone, scrubbed it good with alchol, detergent-everything. any ideas? I'm to the point now that I'm ready to have them covered with some black cloth.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-07-2003).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Armrest is hard to keep just 'painted' Best if you can get dye. My friend used the above stuff even to change color on his seats, and it still looks like new leather. Getting them actually covered would be the best idea is anyone will do them. I think the armrest feels more like rubber than anything else.
85frankenstein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85frankensteinClick Here to visit 85frankenstein's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85frankensteinDirect Link to This Post
The only way to keep the color change from wearing is with the dye. Roger posted a good link and you can also get a much tougher than spray bomb dye from an auto body supplier that they mix up for you, and you shoot through a touchup gun. Never had a problem with wear or scratches using quality materials and the job looks much more natural as well.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock