4cyl / 2.5l Forged pistons? by DakotaMatt
Started on: 08-04-2003 02:03 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: SpideR W on 08-05-2003 12:07 AM
DakotaMatt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DakotaMattSend a Private Message to DakotaMattDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine has a pretty good set of chevy 350 forged pistons. I have been told that the Duke is a 350 cut in half. Does this mean that the v8 forged pistons will work in the 2.5l? If so... anyone want 4 for a good deal?
-Matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DakotaMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DakotaMattSend a Private Message to DakotaMattDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you aren't intrested, but are reading this topic and know the 350 pistons will/will not fit. You should post, or PM me, so I'll have an awnser for my friend.
-Matt
SpideR W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpideR WSend a Private Message to SpideR WDirect Link to This Post
bump

Actually, the duke is half of a pontiac 301, or at least thats my understanding. Whether or not the 301 and the 350 share pistons or not, I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone here could say.

SpideR W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpideR WSend a Private Message to SpideR WDirect Link to This Post

SpideR W

320 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Ok, so maybe I do have at least part of an answer. Just busted out an old chiltons, and according to that, the chevy 350 and the pontiac 301 both have the same bore. I would assume from that it may be possible to use those pistons, though they might not fit on the rods. That is something I dont know, and will leave to the experts
MR P BODY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
alright. the 2.5 has a bore of 4 inches wich is the same has a 350, 327 and a 302. now for some people who do know lots about old chevys and i dont mean to afend any one, the 302 was a chevy block. it had the 350 or 327 block with a 283(3 inch stroke) wich is the same stroke as a 2.5. NOW... u can use a 302 pistion but... u need to have a conecting rod 5.7 inches long or the pistion will eather be way below deck hight or to high. hope this clears every thing up

------------------
Black 84 2M4

SpideR W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpideR WSend a Private Message to SpideR WDirect Link to This Post
I might be off, but I believe that pontiac actually did have a 301 v8. Atleast that what I'm seeing in the chiltons here. I'm not sure what its relation is to the chevy 302, but I'm sure someone could answer. Anyone?
MR P BODY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
the 301 poncho has the same bore as the 350 thats great, what stroke does it have, that plays a big role in this whole thing. what does the 301 poncho and the 302 chevy have in comin, noting. there 2 differnt blocks with totaly differnt internals. the 302 motor is far superior to the turd 301 motor. the 302 chevy was used in the 67-69 Z/28 camaros wich was a use in trans am racing. the z/28 dominted for those 3 years. if u wanna run forged psitions from another motor, i recomend using the chevy 302 pistions but..... and 5.7 inch rod MUST be uesd and the 2.5 rod jernals need to match that of the 5.7 inch rod.

------------------
Black 84 2M4

SpideR W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpideR WSend a Private Message to SpideR WDirect Link to This Post
The stroke on the 301 is 3.000, and what I'm seeing the 350 listed as 3.480 I know a little about the 302... mmmmmm very nice motor (drools) , but I've never run into much info on the 301. Pretty much all I have are a few numbers in a book. At any rate, you are right about the rods Mr P Body, and that is the real key. I will say that it would be nice to find out that they fit though huh

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock