Started on: 08-03-2003 10:05 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: virii01 on 08-04-2003 07:41 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Okay Ive been noticing this for a while but it seems that my 87GT is very soft it seems even with KYB Shocks/Struts, Intrax 2" lowering springs, and a Rear Sway Bar. My question is it seems that my front end will dive in if I hammer the brakes a little and it seems to be very bouncy if I am stopped and just give my car a firm push down on the front fender. Ive tested a few of my friends Fieros with cut springs and new shocks, but he has 17" wheels and tires on 45 series Tires. Could it be that I have 60 series tires all the way around and that is what is giving the play up and down. Btw I still have the stock 15's on it too. Let me know as it is kind of annoying me and I know my ride should be firmer than a cut spring car and monroe shocks. Let me know.

Amir

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
bump.......
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Lower profile tires "should" have a stiffer sidewall which often helps handling a little, but I doubt a 60 series tire would be the cause of what you're describing, unless you're tire pressure is low all the way around. Check the tire inflation. Is your shocks and struts fairly new? Maybe check to make sure one or more hasn't leaked (look for dirty oily stains on the shocks or struts). Does the other Fiero you're comparing this to have poly control arm bushings? Those will firm up the ride a lot.
virii01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT: My question is it seems that my front end will dive in if I hammer the brakes a little

If I remember correctly, the Fiero as designed, is a pro-dive car, or something like that. (can someone help me on this...) Stiffer springs will help the situation however.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock