Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Anyone using NOS with their 4.9? Tell us what difference it makes.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone using NOS with their 4.9? Tell us what difference it makes. by Mastermind
Started on: 07-08-2003 08:05 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Mastermind on 07-10-2003 09:30 PM
Mastermind

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2003 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

I'm definately getting a 4.9 I'm just wondering if NOS is worth the trouble and possible damage to the engine.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2003 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

So no ones using NOS with their 4.9? Can't be true.
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I think that BV Motorsport's is running a 150shot on his... Maybe he'll chime in here..

------------------
Said Hulki, "You had to look at the Fiero not as
a car, but as a process."

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I would have no problems/fears about tapping in <100 shot of NOS. Over that I would have no problem with you doing to your 4.9.

Pete

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
would be a nice filler for the rpm the engine starts suffocating using a window switch
Rob Ernst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rob ErnstClick Here to visit Rob Ernst's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rob ErnstDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I've now seen two posts about a "window switch". What the hell is a Window Switch?????

Rob

Kris Duck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kris DuckSend a Private Message to Kris DuckDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's this switch that's wired into your tach circuit that automatically rolls up your windows when you get above a certain speed, and rolls them down when you drop below a speed.

Heh, sorry. Anyway, that's basically what they do.Though most people have them activate things like nitrous instead of window motors, but that's up to you.

They're called window switches because you set them for an RPM 'window', like on at 3500 rpm and off at 6000 rpm.

Hope this helps (well, the last part, at least )

Hey, I have a window switch on my keyboard.... never mind... too much Pepsi too early in the day...

Cheers,
Kris
Yellow '87 GT

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm now you've got me thinking about things to use a rpm window switch for..
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
150??? Oh no. Currently I have a ZEX p/n 82011 n20 kit installed with my 4.9. This is the same kit I was using when I had the 2.8.
I have the kit jetted for a 65hp shot but I hope to work my way up to a 80hp shot. 65 is a very small shot for a v8 so I am pretty confident I can go up to about 100hp but I have to do it while running a scan tool so I can keep an eye on things. 100 is on the edge for a dry system.

Steven

------------------
'02 Subaru WRX 14.61@91.87mph bone stock
'87 Fiero GT 4.9/4T60e, ZEX nitrous 65hp shot, 88 cradle w/ coil overs, Poly everything, Upgraded sway bars, 16X7 M11's, 11.25 "Zettner" front brakes, Complete MSD ignition w/ 6AL box, Custom 3" SLP exhaust, Grand Sport Corvette paint, Carbon fiber interior trim, '98 T/A CD w/ ETR, Reverse Indiglo guages, Pillar mounted AutoMeter O2, Hella H4 conversion and maybe someday it will be done!

Always have engines, fiero parts and accessories for sale. Custom engine swaps and chassis modifications are available.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

At what point do you use it and what are the results?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock