Started on: 07-07-2003 08:19 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Paul Prince on 07-10-2003 09:20 AM
Gordo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
I'm building up a V6 finally (my first ) but i want to swap in a manual instead of the auto. Will I need to change out the ECM or swap the prom?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
You do not need to change it if the only thing you are doing is changing to a stick. In the auto, the ecm only controls the lock up converter.

If you are doing many changes to the v-6, you may want to look into some programing changes to compliment your engine mods.

Gene

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
WELCOME TO THE FORUM SCRABBLEGOD !!!!!!

Gordo, you may wish to change the prom also. It does make a few other differences besides just lock the convertor up. You may find that the car performs better and has fewer perculiarities if it has a straight shift prom. I can't say it's mandatory however. Good luck.

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
87 FIERO CPE 2.5 5spd
86 FIERO SE 2.5 AUTO
87 FIERO GT 2.8 4SPD
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

Banner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BannerSend a Private Message to BannerDirect Link to This Post
The auto's and the manuals do have different proms. I know, I put the manual one in my auto by accident once. Makes the car idle funny when you're coasting down to a stop.

Shouldn't be hard to get the right one, lots of them out there.

Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
You will have to get a manual wiring harness and re-pin the C500 connector next to the battery. The C500 connector is pinned differently on manuals and auto's because of the park/neutral safety switch on the tranny, add a clutch safety switch, remove the park/lock cable from the ignition switch. It's early, that's all I can think of....Paul

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock