Started on: 09-03-2003 10:43 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Kento on 09-03-2003 07:48 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys...
1984 4 banger.. Runs fine most of the time. Randomly jumps idle up to 2200-3500 RPM. STAYS at that idle indefinitely. Checked for vaccum leaks, none to be found. Check engine light does not come on when this happens...

Basically, when the idle jumps, if you press the gas, the engine spits and sputters and nearly dies, then it picks up to a higher RPM until you let off the gas. Driving down the highway, if the Idle jumps, the engine starts to buck and acts like it is misfiring. (Problem started after a tuneup with new plugs, cap, rotor and wires. Also has a new Ignition Module and Coil.) If you shut the car off when the high idle starts up, you can't get the car restarted due to heavy flooding.

Checked the codes, and the O2 sensor was the ONLY code set. 13. Changed the O2 sensor, and reset the computer. Same problem. I do not want this damned thing to Nickle and Dime me to death. I just need it running.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I sprayed Starting Ether around the Intake Manifold where it attaches to the head, the base of the TB, and all around the vaccum hook ups... I KNOW there is no vaccum leak.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
I REALLY need help. I am stumped.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2003 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
HAve you pulled the IAC valve and checked for carbon build up in there? Also check the EGR passage for blockage. One last thing is check for a leaking Injector. Those are what I have to check to track down my idle problems.

On a Lighter note, the loose nut behind the wheel is not repairable.

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd Daily Driver Project 2m$
86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $1200.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors