Enigine Rattle by 85 Fiero 3.1
Started on: 08-25-2003 10:22 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: amikin on 08-26-2003 12:12 AM
85 Fiero 3.1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2003 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 Fiero 3.1Send a Private Message to 85 Fiero 3.1Direct Link to This Post
I have a rattle coming from the engine and I am wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be. I only hear it when I am accelerating. It gets to a certain rpm depending on how fast I am accelerating and this rattle starts. It is only when I am accelerating. I can rev it up and nothing happens, it is only when I am in gear. I was thinking it might be a heat sheild and was wondering if anyone knows where I should start. I know heat sheild are on there for a reason but I am wondering how wrong it would be to take one off and see what happens.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
amikin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amikinSend a Private Message to amikinDirect Link to This Post
i've just finished dealing with a similar problem.

the collar on one of my lifter assemblies broke, flipped onto the lifter beside it and was banging on the valve cover.

not being able to hear it when you are standing over the engine makes diagnosing a little hard since you can't hear where it's coming from.

often a rattle can be pinging, go to ogres cave (link at the top) and read up on ping and knock and see if that kind of describes your problem

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock