Seanpaul's 4.9 Questions..... by Seanpaul
Started on: 08-06-2003 08:21 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Fieroking on 08-07-2003 10:17 AM
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post

Ok, real soon it's gonna happen about 4 months, and I'm there....I'm going to get a 92 setup.
I want to keep it all stock, so it's simple, as this is my first engine swap...

I'm up to any tricks that can be done, that are simple...but as far as wiring, that's what I don't want to deal with...
Does cutting out the trunk do anything besides make room for the exhaust....? Is it any benefit as to working on the 4.9...?

I would like to keep my trunk, but if it means the difference between being able to change my header gasket and spark plugs
easier, vs. having to tip the cradle, than I would cut it out...But if all it does is allow you to use the under trunk exhaust setup,
than I'd rather find a different way to route the exhaust system....what about a custom cross member Ypipe to stock exhaust...?

For right now, that's my only question...thanks for the time guys....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Cutting out the trunk is simply for more exhaust room, that way you can keep it all behind the engine.

Rockcrawls site has alot of different exhaust set up pics. with and with out trunk removed. www.fieroaddiction.com

Pete

------------------

twodogjohnny

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twodogjohnnyClick Here to visit twodogjohnny's HomePageSend a Private Message to twodogjohnnyDirect Link to This Post
Any tips for using a cat AND muffler, WITHOUT cutting the trunk?
-john
Dragon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
My swaps not completed yet, working on the wiring now. I cut out the trunck and I love it right now. I can sit on the back of the car and let my feet dangle through the trunk without having to stand funny in the trunk and be all cramped and stuff. Also if you stand in the hole where the trunk was you are now 18" closer to the motor, no leaning over the trunk, just climb in it. It's great for doing the wiring, I'm right on top of the action and can see everything...Of course that will change once I get my exhaust in there and cover up the hole with some sheet aluminum with Fiero 4.9 engraved into the it.

Dragon1/Brian

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
On our buildout we went with the Elderado exhaust manifold on both sides of the engine this got rid of the crossover pipe in the engine bay. our exhaust runs down under the engine and connects just before the Excelerator free flow muffler. We did not have to cut the trunk out but I did have to install heat shields and put a welding blanket in the trunk to keep the temps down. This system is real tight sounds great without being to loud. We did post picture on the forum under our username. Good luck take your time and ask lots of questions. Also the fieroaddiction web site mentioned in this tread is the best help websiter that I found on doing the 4.9 swap. Rockcrawl (a forum member) is the absolute expert on this process touch base with him as you work on your swap. Good Luck

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock