Started on: 08-03-2003 03:56 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: avengador1 on 08-05-2003 09:25 AM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Actually it's for my wife's Subaru, a 2001 Subaru Legacy GT wagon. I have what appears to be a bubble inside the self dimming mirror. Is there anyway to fix this or am I hosed and have to buy her a new mirror? Thanks for any help you can provide.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
862M4inCA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 862M4inCASend a Private Message to 862M4inCADirect Link to This Post
what do you mean by "bubble"? Does it appear as though the reflective material has loosened from the glass? If so, that needs to be replaced. However with the self dimming mirrors it may be some of the liquid crystal that has pooled in a spot and is giving the illusion of a bubble. In either case I believe replacement may be the only option. Hopefully it's under warranty since I'm certain the self-dimming mirrors aren't cheap.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It definitely looks like a bubble. I took the mirror off and the bubble would migrate to the high side when the mirror was tilted. I'll have to see if it is still covered under warranty or I'll have to buy a new one, which sucks.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
avengador1;
Outside of the mirror, how do you like the Subaru? The reason I ask is because I had owned a 78 Subaru Brat 4WD. The most indestructable beast on the planet and I(young) beat the tarnation out of it and it kept going.
Too bad they couldn't put a Fiero GM V-6 in one for more power.
What kind of power and mileage do you get?
Tm

------------------
jetman
Silver 86 SE 2M6 4-speed, with "check wallet light"

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
The mirror was covered under their 3 year warranty, so were the wipers. Good for me. My Subaru is a WRX and my wife has a Legacy GT wagon. Her car has the bigger 2.5 engine with 165HP. It has a very comfortable ride and it is the one we use when we take long trips. Hers also get better fuel economy than my WRX. I might trade it in next year for the Forester XT. The "T" is for turbo.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock