4.9 swap question by Dragon1
Started on: 06-26-2003 03:49 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Dragon1 on 06-26-2003 09:57 PM
Dragon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
Do I need to trim the battery tray for clearance, and/or do I need to move the battery or can I mount it in the same place and not trim the tray??
I am using the stock caddy alternator with an idler pully about where the smog pump used to bolt and then an empty air conditioning compressor for belt routing.

Dragon1/Brian

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rockcrawl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
No trimming or relocating necessary for the battery. The 4.9 did not use a smog pump. If yours had a smog pump it's likely a 4.5.
PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I believe you can route the serp belt without the a/c compressor even there. No use in having the compressor there for extra weight.

Pete

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
Rockcrawl, it's a 4.9 I didn't have a smog pump I just used the reference to say where the pully was. It's in the same place you put them. Studded off the side of the waterpump.
Question for Rockcrawl.
When do I need to have you modify my ECM chip. Before the wiring or do I have to see what errors I can't get rid of and then have it modified. Maybe you could PM me with a price???
PBJ.I took the guts out of the compressor, took off the clutch pc. too and made a nice aluminum cover for it.So it's not that heavy anymore, just another idler pully.

Dragon1/Brian

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
This is from Bubbajoes web site of what I have seen.

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
I didn't think that would be enough belt around the water pump so I modded the air conditioning compressor and mounted it so I got more belt on the water pump.

Dragon1/Brian

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock