Started on: 05-25-2003 12:57 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 05-25-2003 11:03 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok I know all the Fiero 4spd ratios.

3.65 and

But our trannys were used in many other cars and they had diffrent ratio's. I am trying to find out what they had. I am getting sick and tired of guessing what trans is in my car.

I just (yesterday) installed yet another tranny into my car. The one I installed last Saturday, blew up this Friday. The tranny shop says it is probably a 30cent clip that let go inside the tranny, but none the less, it had to come out becuase I no longer had any select movment.

Now back to the current question

My current tranny speeds are as follows.

2nd gear 6000rpm is 63mph
4th gear 60mph is 2000rpms
4th gear 87mph is 3000-3100rpms.

I am guessing that this is the 3.32 ratio or something close to it. We ran my car on a GPS to verify speedo and we used a timming light hooked to the tach to verify my tach readings. (tach is constant 10% over so all numbers are corrected for that)

So does anyone have any info on what other ratios came in the Muncie 4spd's

------------------
David hotrodfiero@shaw.ca
85GT 2.9 4spd

www.david.westcoastfieros.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
The Fiero 3.32 transmission had a 0.73 top gear, 4 cylinder Citations used a 3.32 but with the 0.81 top gear common to the other four speeds. That is the only variation I have any information on.

BTW your speed rpm figures are consistent with the 1984 economy transmission 3.32 with 0.73 top gear. I had one. Excellent transmission if you are considering a V8 swap.

Check out http://www.k12.nf.ca/gc/Staff/Teachers/Crummey/fiero/transmissions.htm

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 05-25-2003).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the info regarding the Citation trans. That should help me a bit. We did some quick math and with the 3.32 and the .734th gear, the car, (if it had a lot more hp) would be able to run 280kph. Or about 175mph before it hit 6000rpms. 131mph at a nice cruising 4500rpms. Now all I need is massive HP. Thanks again. I guess I have to look on the bright side though, I still get 30+ mpg out of the car.

------------------
David hotrodfiero@shaw.ca
85GT 2.9 4spd

www.david.westcoastfieros.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock