reading codes on a 95 Gm with a 3.1 by Earl
Started on: 03-03-2003 11:15 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Earl on 03-05-2003 08:28 PM
Earl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EarlSend a Private Message to EarlDirect Link to This Post
Do I have to buy a code reader or is there another way to get the codes? (like the fiero)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Black86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86SESend a Private Message to Black86SEDirect Link to This Post
depends, what kind of vehicle? Is the aldl connector rectangle or like a trapazoid? How many of the 16 terminals are in the connector?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
You will more than likely need a Scantool like the GM Tech 1 or Tech 2. Autozone can also scan codes for free with their scantool.

------------------
James Essar
88 Coupe 3.2L V6 With NX Nitrous
92 Mitsu. Eclipse GS (for sale)
94 GMC Jimmy

Black86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86SESend a Private Message to Black86SEDirect Link to This Post
that is why I am asking, not all '95s were obdII computers, so they can still be checked using the paperclip method. But the '95 lumina and monte carlo cannot be checked except by a dealer or shop. And autozone can check codes. I work for them.
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
Black86SE is correct

I have a 95 Corsica with a 3100 SFI.. not OBDII but you can not use a paperclip on it cuz it only has one pin in the ALDL connector(data Tx/Rx)...it has the oh so wonderful 8192 baud you can make an interface cable and hook up to a laptop and read the codes...

here is more info for making a cable (much like the 160 baud in the fiero just a wee bit different)...
http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl8192/8192hw.htm

-Darius

Earl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EarlSend a Private Message to EarlDirect Link to This Post
it is a monte carlo so I guess I will have to go to auto zone tomarrow..

Thanks for the info..

Black86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86SESend a Private Message to Black86SEDirect Link to This Post
Chances are they won't be able to read them because of my comment earlier. They are not able to read them because they require a special tool that only dealers and shops have.
kyote

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2003 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
What about a '94 Corsica w/3.1..??
I just picked one up for the daughter yesterday..
Earl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EarlSend a Private Message to EarlDirect Link to This Post
ok I have an old style plug and cant check it by crossing the conections. Dose this mean that only a gm dealer can read the codes? Or is there another way?
And how much is it going to cost to get my ignition key copied?

Thanks for the help guys

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock