Report on Low Fuel Indicator Light Kit by Tom Corey
Started on: 02-14-2003 06:55 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: maryjane on 02-14-2003 10:32 PM
Tom Corey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
I told you all I was going to order the low fuel indicator light kit from Dick Smith Electronics in Austrailia becasue I'm tired of running out of gas. It was $32, so many of you thought it was too pricey. Well, it turns out with the exchange rate (the list price is $32 Austrailian) the cost to get it here was about $18 US including postage. However, the "kit" is just that - a kit. It is not assembled. Dick Smith Electronics sends you the circuit board and all parts and instructions. It requires the ability to solder to small circuit boards and the directins are pretty good. When complete it is housed in a small (about 3"x5"x1/2") plastic case with only three wires to hook up. Fits under the dash pod easily. I have installed it and am waiting to see how good it is at alerting me to low fuel. I installed the 1/4" diameter red light in the switch housing below the deck lid switch as I have nothing there. I'll take some digital pix this weekend and let you know how well it works as soon as I get low on fuel. If nothing else, it was fun to assemble.

------------------
Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC V8
88 Yellow T-Top GT, 4.9L Caddy, 4T60E

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kyote

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed your original post..
Can you repost the specs and contact info please..??
Thanks.
what does it run off of.. ? the fuel gauge itself or something else...?

------------------

'85 SE - '86 Fastback SE - '99 Chevy K-1500 Z-71 - '00 HD 1200XL Sportster

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
HMMM, I missed it too. Is there something you have to add to the in-tank unit? If it just reads off the stock float assy, I'd be leery of it. Would you please post a little more information??

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock