Mr. Mikes Leather ?'s by 862M4inCA
Started on: 02-14-2003 02:29 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: qwikgta on 02-14-2003 09:43 PM
862M4inCA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 862M4inCASend a Private Message to 862M4inCADirect Link to This Post
I'm just curious if anyone on here has purchased seat kits from Mr. Mikes and what the general opinion on price/value/ease of installation is. I have ZERO experience working with uphostery and am a bit apprehensive in spending $400+ without getting at least a little insight as to what experiences other people have had.

Thanks in advance,
862M4inCA

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
I don't have them myself, but everyone on this board that mentions his products always talks about them in the highest regard. I haven't read a post about his products that mentions a single problem. I think that is a good testiment of his quality.

------------------
Trevor Hughes

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I had never done any type of upholstery work either, but wanted the seat covers. Ditto what Gridlock said about the quality of his product. He supplies a video that takes you through the procedure step by step. All the supplies that you will need from extra foam, snap rings and snap ring pliers. For me it was as simple as watching the video, then following along pausing the video from time to time to keep up with him. It took me about an hour and a half for the first seat, and slightly less for the second seat. As far as value, it depends on wat you consider to be of value. The thing that put it in perspective for me is the fact that the cloth upholstery covers from the Fiero Store cost slightly less than a leather cover that looks much better.
FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
They are great and not that hard to do yourself. He sends all the materials necessary to do a first class job.

This pic is my seat before I took it apart.

This is me redoing the seats

Drivers seat back in the car.

Mr Mike sends a hog ring tool to help with the installation and all of the new hogs rings. I found it easier to use a set set of standard pliers and needle nose pliers to take them out and put the new ones back in. Mr. Mikes also sends you a video and walks you through the process that makes it much easier.

I hope this helps you.

Earl R.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGT87 (edited 02-14-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
It will be the best money you ever spend on your car, not a tough job either!!!

------------------

Click to Listen!

morph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for morphSend a Private Message to morphDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Mikes is great. Redid my seats myself...just watch the video. They turned out great. And he has been very helpful since in terms of buying additional material (door panels etc) and in providing information.
FieroSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSoulSend a Private Message to FieroSoulDirect Link to This Post
Anything I say would just repeat what everyone else has said. No experience necessary...great quality...a little expensive but worth it...love that leather feel...great results.

My seats look a lot like Fiero87GT's without the GT strap across the back. Best thing I have done so far to my Coupe. Lots of compliments.

Go on try it!

Dwayne

Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Mike is absolutely first rate, just follow the instructions in the video, and I think anyone could do it, just not as fast as he can. I also bought a set of matching sun visors......Paul
yello86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 197
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yello86seSend a Private Message to yello86seDirect Link to This Post
well,

Very great vendor. Great quality,, easy to do, inexpensive, shiped fast. And he stands behind everythign he makes..

#1 vendor in my opinion,.

He even makes custom stuff if you ask

KlaX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KlaXClick Here to visit KlaX's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlaXDirect Link to This Post
I Have them, they are pretty tough leather, never really worry about them, plus they take my interior to a whole new level.

------------------

[ My Fiero and WhiteFieroGT's Here ]
[
1987 GT - 5 Spd - 69K ]
[
El Gauges - C5 Corvette Yellow ]
[
Mr.Mikes Seats - FieroGT Floormats ]

Dslice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DsliceSend a Private Message to DsliceDirect Link to This Post
I have a basic set of his and they are really nice! They are soft. On thing you have to watch out for if you have leather seats is no sharp objects in pockets or clothing. Also make sure the things that are attacked to the side of the seat that hold seat belts in place are installed(Mine are broken) else the seatbelt rubs the side of the seat and over time can wear hole in them. . I want to get a pair of flashier style seats like 86YelloSe has.
They are pretty easy to install. I did a perfect job having never done it before.

------------------
Rick D

86GT
84COUP

http://home.attbi.com/~dslize

PFF
System Bot
Bosuch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BosuchClick Here to visit Bosuch's HomePageSend a Private Message to BosuchDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine:

The first one averaged about 10 curses per hour, the second one went much smoother once I had the hang of it...

Bill

yello86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 197
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yello86seSend a Private Message to yello86seDirect Link to This Post
well since DSlice mentioned mine,, Here they are.

There is more leather in the car though,, black and yellow of course

862M4inCA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 862M4inCASend a Private Message to 862M4inCADirect Link to This Post
WOW, I didn't expect so many replies in such a short period of time. I guess hearing all of these positive remarks about dealing with Mr Mike has really set my mind at ease. In response to Topcat I have to agree about the cloth covers from the Fiero store and that is why I decided to check out some of the other seat vendors as well as various upholstery shops in town and I always came back to those from Mr. Mikes.

Thanks everyone very much for the quick and most imporantly, POSITIVE response!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
FieroLisa did hers herself last winter. I helped a little, but mostly just lent a stronger hand to cut and mash hog rings. Id advise going to tool store and getting a real tool, not the one Mike furnishes. (although it does work OK, better tool would make it easier)
G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post
All I have on my fiero is his leather stick shift boot cover & handbrake cover. Back in the day I had his seats and door purses done in black leather. The leather got hard maybe because I put wrong conditioners or maybe it came from an old mule. Thats not to say I wont buy from Mike again but I like the feel and comfort of the factory fabric. Its softer & it grabs better. 93 grey leather vette seats would also be schweeet.
OUT>
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Best investment I ever made in my Fiero, period.
check it...

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 02-14-2003).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2003 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
They are the ****, i love them, best interior mod ive done yet. Easy to do yourself, comes with everything. Ive never heard anyone say anything bad yet. The biggest decision is what color, style and extra's.

------------------

88 TTop coupe, soon to be fitted with a DOHC 3.4/5spd

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock