Neghcho's Probably Incomplete Guide to Rear Clip Removal by neghcho
Started on: 01-06-2003 02:09 PM
Replies: 0
Last post by: neghcho on 01-06-2003 02:09 PM
neghcho

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neghchoClick Here to visit neghcho's HomePageSend a Private Message to neghchoDirect Link to This Post
When trying to remove my rear fastback clip I really couldn't find many resources on how to do it so I decided to write down all the steps I an think of. Feel free to add to this if you have any info.

1. Remove Taillights
2. Pop the clips that hold the taillight harness and bulbs to the clip. (they're back on each cubby of the taillight portion of the clip. Also unscrew every nut and bolt that you can see back there. the only thing left should be one rivet on each side that holds the clip pieces together.
3. Remove rear 1/4 panels if you have not done so already
4. Not sure whether rear bumper must be removed, but mine was.
5. pop out all the plastic fasteners in rear wheel wells that look like they might be attached. I think there's 3 on each side that are actually attached.
6. Unscrew all the screws and nuts from the gas housing. (4 nuts and 2 screws or so)
7. take off all the bolts and clips on the black plastic piece that runs along the side of trunk and around inside of 1/4 windows. You'll need to pop this out to get to the 3 or so bolts on each side that directly hold the clip on.
8. unscrew those 3 bolts on each side. Look closely, the third one is hard to see.
9. pull back the cloth and you will find three nuts on the roof of the car in the rear. pull the plastic surrounding off of them and unscrew.
10. On each B Pillar (or the piece of frame that holds the seat belts and side speakers) there are two holes right next to each other, one larger ontop and one smaller on bottom. You will need a 3" extension and size 11mm deep socket to get this nut off. it's hard to get to but if you feel around for it *it's about 1/2" above the hole" you will get it off no problem. Don't lose your socket down the hole.
11. You will have to undo or loosen the front clip as the rear clip's lip is tucked underneath it.
12. hmmm what else... I can't think of much else, that's about it. You will need to be very careful when prying up the rear clip as it's glued down. It helps if you hold udnerneath the rear 1/4 panel area and pull up while prying directly underneath it with a screwdriver. Worked for me like cake. Good luck =)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock