Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Power Window "Express Down" Question...PLEASE HELP!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Power Window "Express Down" Question...PLEASE HELP! by stevenrossi
Started on: 01-03-2003 02:15 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: stevenrossi on 01-05-2003 01:03 AM
stevenrossi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
Well i'm doing the Window conversion according to Ogre's Cave and he has this "Express Down" Freature...I've looked ALL OVER for this part in the yards and i've almost frozen my weezel off! I've looked in (blind as a bat as to where to look)
~Delta 88's
~Cutlass's
~Grand Am's
~Grand Prix
~Cavaliers
~Bonnevilles

They're all 88-93ish

I was wondering who could tell me where I can find this "express down" Module in which car...To answer this question would be saving my fingers from cold Canadian Frost Bite!

Someone HELP!

------------------

Visit my website at http://members.rogers.com/jrossi
E-mail me with any questions at steven.rossi@rogers.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Can't really help with exact locations plus allot of cars don't have that feature even when they have power windows.

The module isn't very big. They could shove it almost anywhere under the dash, the kick panel... posibly could even be in the door on some.

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
Well I called GM and the guy told me that it's in Cutlass Supreme's and it's located unt he passenger side area of the dash...he says it'd be hard to get to...But he said that he'd rather me grab it from the yard then blow $70 on a special ordered one. I agree

...any more help would be cool

Thanks!

Steve-O

------------------

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Just an idea but,

I install car alarms and when people want their windows to work from the remote I use a module from a great company called DEI. They make all the high tech alarms like Viper, Clifford, Sidewinder, Avital and more. They also have a contract with AC Delco.

Anyway their module would just wire into the window wiring right by the switches. You basically cut the 4 window wires in half and wire this in. The cool part is it gives you ONE TOUCH(EXPRESS) UP AND DOWN OF BOTH WINDOWS!!!! This module reads the current drawn to automatically shut off when it reaches the up or down position, just like the factory module. It also has a few dip switches on the side to adjust for different resistance motors. (which means it still works for worn, old, slow motors)

This will work without any alarm, just wired into the window wires but.....
This would also be able to be wired into most keyless entry or alarm systems to roll up the windows with lock, or down with an auxilary button.

This is a very reliable company, I'm not sure on the cost but I believe its around $50.00 It's not the cheapest but it does do BOTH windows up and down.

Anyone that would like more info e-mail or PM me at anytime. I could easily provide a FIERO custom wiring diagram for anyone interested.

Sorry for the long windedness,

MOBILE

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Mobile, That's one way to do it.

Express up always makes me nervous. Having it tied to a remote... Even tho the module is current sensing, if it's not adjusted quite right it could be dangerous. Kids can turn anything into a toy so can allot of adults.

Some cars now come factory like that. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done. Just done carefully.

Steven... If you find the module in another car... let me know what one and just where it is and I'll add it to the article in my cave. A picture of the module would be handy as well.

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna head into the yard next free day I have and well see what I can do. This might take a while

I'll be looking in 1990 (ish) Cutlass Supremes and i'll go in with a crow bar and a camera and hopefully i'll leave with a nice little sensor.

So...i'll get back to all of you a.s.a.p

~Steve-O~

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay